An emerging trend, nowadays, shows that a large community of people prefers getting specially designed car plates for their vehicles in place of the normal ones. These plates can be considered to be personalized due to their design, built, combination of text & digits, colors Car Plates, symbols and the backgrounds among many other things.
From the high-end car owners to the day to day commuters, anyone can desire to have a personalized car plate. They can use it to increase the uniqueness of their vehicle or simply to portray their ideas/preferences. Trucks, sedans, hatchbacks as well as vans can all sport personalized license plates.
The essential documents that are necessary to avail benefits of this kind are:
· Valid ID.
· Special Interest License Plate Application form.
· Appropriate fees corresponding to the desired license plate.
· Vehicle Registration details.
Buyers can approach the government website to begin with the process. It has to be checked whether the desired mark & the model of license plate is available on their website/outlets or not. Buyers should keep in mind that the government reserves the right of awarding/not awarding the desired license plate to the potential buyer and also to see that the car plate should be socially acceptable in the society. No discriminating/offending component against any community should be allowed or entertained to be present on the license plate.
· To begin with the whole process, car owners can first download the requisite forms from any government website.
· All the information should be filled up appropriately.
· Appropriate ID proof should be attached with the form.
· Vehicle registration details should be clearly stated.
· Vehicle make & model should be clearly mentioned.
· Detailed description of the desired license late should be presented.
· Text color & the background color should be stated.
· 6 choices should be filled up in order of the owner’s preference.
· All forms should have signatures of the applicant at appropriate positions prior to submission.
· Requisite fees should be paid without delay.
· Design components should strictly adhere to the social norms of the Singaporean society.